Monday, September 21, 2009

maybe it's not all or nothing

I was talking with a friend the other night about some of the challenges I'm having with incorporating some of my new 'intentions' into my current life.
She wisely reminded me that "it doesn't have to be all or nothing".
Now, of course I know that. Right?
As a coach I always look for progress or activity in ANY area that is helpful for moving one closer to their goals. So why am I so hard on myself?
Why does it feel like if I don't do everything perfectly every day that somehow I'm totally off track?
It seems that is a common issue. And, maybe that is a key part to this experiment.
As I find myself wanting to see the power of my intentions take hold, I'm also holding myself to some either or standard that makes every action only as good as the whole.
I am wrestling with this idea that if it's not perfect, it's worthless.
What kind of leadership is that?
ok, so a new day.
I am totally committed to my vision. That is for sure. And that is the first step.
The next step is to be kind enough to myself to TRUST that I have enough smarts and intuition to follow through when and where it will truly bring the greatest rewards.
Instead of spending the time wrestling, I'm finding ways to be patient and kind.
I think I heard it someplace to love your neighbor as yourself.
hmmm... maybe it's time to set that example.
No more beatings on what I'm not doing. Lots of praise for my accomplishments.
It's been a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment